Miss McNamara is looking forward to meeting parents this week to discuss the children's first few weeks in Primary 1.
Here are some of the things we have been learning:
- to develop some maturity in emotional literacy (recognise when feeling happy, sad, angry, tired)
- to exercise more: daily activity time outdoors
- to be kind (linked to mental health and wellbeing)
- to develop social skills (to take turns)
- to understand what a good listener is…To stop and listen
- more about sounds: s a t i p n
- about numbers and counting to 10 (and beyond)
- more about words, what they mean, the sound they start with, how long they are…
- about time (daily sequences, my daily routines)
- we are all unique and… we are learning to work as part of a team!