Free School Meals and Clothing Grants
Applications for Free School Meals and Assistance with School Clothing and Footwear for school session 2019/20 will be accepted from 1 July 2019 and should be made online via
For parents/carers who cannot access the online form an application form can be issued from the school office, however this is likely to result in a delay when processing your application.
It was agreed at a meeting of the Lifelong Learning Committee that from school session 2019/20 the eligibility criteria for School Clothing Grants for pupils in P1 and up to the age of 16 will be extended and aligned with the eligibility criteria for Free School Meals. PLEASE NOTE: Children in P1 – P3 will continue to automatically receive Free School Meals, however, if parents/carers are in receipt of qualifying benefits they must submit an application if they wish to receive a School Clothing Grant.
From session 2019/2020, parents/carers in receipt of the following qualifying benefits will be eligible to be considered for free school meals and a school clothing and footwear grant:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance (IBJSA)
- Any income related element of Employment Support Allowance (IRESA)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) but not Working Tax Credit (WTC), where their income is less than £16,105
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) and Working Tax Credit (WTC), where their income is less than £6,900
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Parents/carers in receipt of Universal Credit with an earned monthly income that does not exceed £610Nursery children whose parents/carers are in receipt of State Pension Credit, Incapacity or Sever Disablement Allowance or who are Looked After/subject of a kinship care order will be eligible to receive free school meals, however it remains the case that nursery children are not eligible to receive a School Clothing Grant.
- We will issue alerts through the PKC corporate Facebook page and Twitter when the online form for 2019/20 is live, however remember that applications for free school meals and clothing must be made for each academic year and any parents who are currently in receipt of either of these benefits must reapply over the summer break if they wish for this to continue in session 2019/20.